2011年12月28日星期三

Beautiful or Ugly? You be the judge

Today I came across an article introducing the World's Ugliest Buildings. Of the 13 ugly buildings, three of them caught my attention. Two buildings are located in the West Coast (Seattle and Portland) and the other is located in Ohio.

For those who know me, knows I am not at all artistic nor am I a good person to judge a piece of artwork. However, I would like to share with you the three buildings that were considered to be ugly, yet I believe its NOT that ugly (except for the Portland one, that one is kinda awkward).

Image via Darwin Bell
This building is the "The Experience Music Project" located in Seattle, just behind the Space Needle. It is used a building dedicated to rock and pop music. Maybe that explains the non-conservative colors and design. I personally think it is pretty cool and fits the atmosphere of what it contains inside the museum.
Image via camknows
This square bulky building up to is located in Portland, Oregon. The 15-story municipal office was once considered to be a groundbreaking architecture. Many people critique this building to be boring looking, with the square windows and the blue windows in the middle. But what the hey...its a government building, its suppose to look dull and boring. In October 2009, Travel + Leisure magazine called the Portland Building "one of the most hated buildings in America". I don't think its THAT bad to be hated. At least the sculpture in the front should add some brownie points no?

Image via alheard
This building is ugly? No~ It is symbolic! This is the head office of The Longaberger Company. They are the American manufacturer of handcrafted maple wood baskets. Seriously, which other company has the courage to build their own building that represents their own product. I would like to see Apple's headquarter be shaped like an iPod or something.

Architecture buffs out there...educate me if you will on why people critique these buildings to be unpleasing to the eye.

Visit us at www.ibeengo.com

没有评论:

发表评论